Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Not so Happy Birthday



This birthday boy spent the night coughing, coughing, coughing his little heart out. He literally coughed every 5 seconds for about 6 hours. I knew that was not normal and the albuteral was not working, so I called the nurse and she heard him and told me to take him to Children's ER. They have free valet parking for the ER, which was SO NICE, especially since it was 11:00 pm and we were alone. I was not expecting what I saw as I walked through the door. A waiting room of about 50 people. Since we had respitory issues we were able to be seen right away. After a steroid, a 45 minute breathing treatment, and multiple oxygen level checks. We left at 2:30am. The doctors we saw were great and so good with Carter. He did very well considering he was EXHAUSTED! Hopefully, he will not have a flare-up that bad again. I HATE it for him and am still hopeful he will eventually grow out of it. A big thank you to my wonderful mother-in-law for coming to get Bentley early this morning so Carter and I could get some rest!!!

1 comment:

  1. so sad for our babies....probably from the SWINE or that other little girl we both know who!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete