Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My First Big Mommy Mess Up

Today was Dress like a Fairytale Character Day at school and guess who forgot all about it...ME (I only have a 15 month old with the flu). I NEVER do stuff like that because I am so anal about my child not being "that kid" Marsha came to get Carter this morning and as soon as I opened the door and saw Marlee all dressed up as Snow White, my heart stopped and I said oh no I forgot. Marsha said I will find him something at school, don't worry about it. I race home and run upstairs to his room and start frantically digging through his closet. I thought how about a prince, well he doesn't have clothes like that (thankfully: I'm not a fan of little boys wearing coats and ties)I thought how about a cowboy. Woody is a cowboy and Toy Story is a fairytale...RIGHT??? About that time, Marsha texts me this picture



and I almost cried. He looks happy dressed as a "KING" and I couldn't be more thankful for such a wonderful friend. Thank you Marsha and I owe you BIG TIME!!!

3 comments:

  1. It's funny how things that used to would have never happened happen now with two kids. I understand. I hope Bentley is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was Prince Charming from Snow White. He is so happy because I told them the story and he knew he would get to kiss her back to life! And you would do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so precious. You two are lucky to have one another. I love you both!

    ReplyDelete