Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My Babies



This baby girl was feeling anything, but "Super" yesterday. I woke her up from a 4 hour nap to find her in throw up and with a 105.5 degree fever. To say I freaked, would be an understatement. I called the nurse and told her what was going on and she asked if I was dressed and I replied yes, then she told me to walk out the door and get up there. I was watching a friends children , so I grabbed everyone up and threw them in thecar; Carter was most concerned because he had on no shoes. I dropped the kids off and we headed up there. My father-in-law came by and picked up Carter and took him home and got him ready for his game, I can't thank him enough for that! I was worried about him not having me or Joseph at the game (who is out of town) but at that moment I had bigger concerns and that was figuring out what was wrong with Bentley. They immediately took her back and gave her Tylenol and stripped her down and put cold washcloths on her and gave her some pedialyte and within hours about 20 minutes, her fever started to come down. The Dr. said her ear was "bulging" about to rupture and the fact that she had a fever virus the previous days just sent her fever skyrocketing. He gave her a Rocephin Shot and Omnicef. An hour later, she was feeling much better.He told me to wake her every 3 hours last night and alternate between Tylenol and Motrin to make sure her fever didn't spike again. Needless to say, I did not sleep worrying about her. She is better today. Praise God for modern medicine, shots, and g-parents who dropped everything to be with us and help out :)



This little Superhero was a big boy last night playing ball without Mommy or Daddy there (I did make it for the last minutes :) He did so good and his coach sent Joseph this sweet emil this morning that made me cry. I am forever grateful to God for allowing me to raise these two precious angels!!!!

I'm sure you have gotten a report by now, but Carter did an excellent job last night. He was a little lost without you at first, but he came around. He hit the ball very well. I know you've got to be proud of him, because I sure was. I was on first base with him and when he noticed that his mommy was out there watching I don't think I've ever seen a bigger smile on a little fellow. He hit well and we had his attention all night. I know we haven't really given out game balls or anything like that this year, (especially since we don't keep score) but I think Carter should have the one from last night. I think it might be cool for him. I'll give that to you on Saturday, if you don't mind him having it. Pat him on the back when you see him, he did good.

3 comments:

  1. I hope Bentley gets to feeling better! 105.5 is SCARY

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the sweetest post...made me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so sweet. I am glad he is enjoying playing ball. I hope Brady likes it. I sure hope Bentley is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete