Friday, August 7, 2009

Shoes, Shoes, and More Shoes

If you know Carter, then you know that boy LOVES shoes. I mean he is obsessed with them. Often times he will choose getting a pair of shoes over a toy. Today we went to the mall to take advantage of the tax free weekend and the first thing he said is I need some new shoes. I said you do NOT need new shoes. After much whining from him I told him could choose a toy from the new Lego Store or get shoes and he opted for these



When we got home I was putting away his new things, which by the way, very sad day for his mommy. I bought most of his stuff today from The Gap, gasp..big boy store :( I LOVE smocked and appliqued clothing which is a majority of what he has worn the past 4 years, but now it is time to say goodbye to most of that stuff. He wont wear it anymore, he says thats for babies :( He is a boy and a VERY opinionated boy, he gets that from his mommy. I want him to have what he wants and feel good about himself. Well, he LOVES all of his new stuff and to be honest he looks really cute in it. (Thank you Lord for my baby girl who still has a few more years before she expresses concern over what I want her to wear :) However, The Gap is MUCH MUCH cheaper than the Lili Pad, my favorite childrens boutique. Anyways, as I am putting away his things, I seriously had no room on the shelves in his closet for his new pair of shoes. So, I decided to lay them out and take a picture for him to see one day. He has 25 (I forgot to lay out his Easter shoes they were in the box at the top of the closet) pairs of shoes that fit him. All of these are a size 9 to 10 which his what he wears. How absurd is this????? He also has about 6 more pairs at his Granny and Papas house. She feeds his addiction as well.



Not to leave out my FULL OF ATTITUDE baby girl. Carter was playing with the camera this morning and he took this picture of Bentley and I thought it was sweet. Should I be worried that she MUST be wearing some of my jewelry at all times when we are at home? (LOL)

3 comments:

  1. That is hilarious. I do like the new shoes though. Those are actually cute. Where did they come from because they would match most things but we would be something different than the new balances we always have. I didn't know there was a new lego store. Where is that at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of laughs over the shoes. I had to show QB and Harrison. Too bad he doesn't wear a 12 or we could borrow some ;)

    Good for him for saying no more smock! I hate seeing boys that are in kindergarten or older with it on ~ glad he put a stop to it now ;)
    I love Gap for boys. It is boyish but still cute.

    It seems like when I see pics of Bentley she usually has a bruise on her head ~poor thing ~ I know she must be tough!

    Is Carter ready for his new school??

    Be glad Bentley is already enjoying jewelry. Bailey has a ton and never wears it except for earrings ~ it drives me nuts! I always say how cute a necklace would look with her shirt but it doesn't help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. brylee loves her some shoes too... we look 10 pairs just to disney for a week... lets hope carter and brylee's paths don't cross they would need a shoe room in "their house"... btw brylee is going to cornerstone... private school in columbiana near our house... :)

    ReplyDelete