Tuesday, June 15, 2010

One Bad "Apple"

So I decide that for Father's Day I will score big points and get Joseph an I-pad. Me being highly technically challenged and frankly uninterested thought I could just go to the store and get one. Here is how it went. For time sake...AE (Apple Employee) M (me)

Arrive at the store....

AE- Do you have an appt.?
M- Um no, do I have to have an appt. to enter the store?
AE - At this time...you may step to the side (Me and about 15 others are standing by the door)
AE - All of you without appts. may enter the store now. (People RUNNING into the store at once almost knock me and Bentley down)
M- I need an I-pad
AE - Ok, which one are you interested in?
M- Theres more than 1?
AE - Um, yes mam, there are actually 6. (he proceeds to explain, it goes in one ear and out the other)
M - I'll take that one....(No clue which one it was by the way :)
AE - LOL...we dont have them here, you can reserve one. When we get the one you want we will call you, could be a week or 3, just dont know.
M - Oh, you dont have them here?
AE- Most people know we dont keep them in stock...would you like to reserve one?
M - Sure (We walk to the computer and he types in something)
AE - Whats your Apple password?
M - Huh, apple password, whats that?
AE - If you do business with us, its customary to have a password
M- I have no idea, guess I dont have one. How about I just let him pick one out and order it.
AE - Sounds like that might be your best bet, obvioulsy you are not familiar with the way we work.

WHAT??? Are you kidding me? That store is CRAZY and those people are snooty that work there. Why are people so obsessed with technology (my husband being one of them). I called Joseph and told him what I did and I was trying to surprise him. He said I dont even want one. WHAT??? I give up. I told him thats all I had in mind, so happy fathers day with no gift :)

5 comments:

  1. bre.. that is hysterical. I can only imagine taht crazy store.. who knew you need an appointment and a password? that is crazy.. and very bizare..makes me NOT want an Ipad.. they shouldn't be that hard to get.. seriously.. it's not gold! Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Are you serious. So I was thinking about purchasing a MAC Laptop. Do you think I will have to have an appointment for that as well? That is crazy! Oh by the way are you going to have a Castle and Crown Fall party? The girl I purchase from for the summer is not having one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cracked me up! I have know idea about that kind of stuff either. I would have been the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really funny; thanks for sharing. Apple has awesome products, but I have heard many "elistist" stories from their employees talking to people like they are idiots

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is hilarious! I just laughed the whole way through and so something I would do. Adam just mentioned he would want one for the next occasion which will be in October but he will just have to get it himself:)

    ReplyDelete